As you may or may not know, it does take a little bit of cash to keep this blog up and running. Beyond just the normal expenses of internet and the like, there’s hosting costs and paying WordPress to let me do different things.
As of February 8, 2016, Mage in a Barrel completed its first-ever fundraising drive to pay for a big backend update to the site. What happened?
- No more annoying pop up video ads.
- Ads will go away for good once I’ve hit WordPress’ dumb $100 minimum payment limit. Bear with me until then.
- Embedded video and more upload space to hold that video.
- Custom design to let me fiddle with the overall look of the blog more.
- Holding on to the mageinabarrel.com name for years to come.
In short, it’s all stuff that is making your experience here at Mage in a Barrel better! A huge thank you to everyone who donated as part of the drive and helped expand what I’m able to do with the blog. 100% of their donations have gone into supporting Mage in a Barrel. Of course, if you ever feel especially thankful for a post or something like that, you’re welcome to donate any time—but we’re covered for the next year, so no pressure. Thanks again for being a wonderful group of readers. It’s a genuine pleasure to be writing for you~
Thanks to the following donors for their generous support of Mage in a Barrel: Miles, derkl1963, Frog-kun, crispyn64, Till, Justin, WingKing, and Martha.
Donate to Mage in a Barrel: